Sunday, March 3, 2013

Virtual 5k

I read something tonight that is frigging BRILLIANT. Katie at Katie's Fitness Journey is hosting a virtual 5k this month.
I was thinking of doing a virtual 5K race this month, and I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested in doing it as well. I will make a "bib template" so that you can have a pic with it, and then you can submit your pic to my page. I will do a list of everyone who ran and then once all the times are submitted I will do a race results! Let me know if you would be interested!
and then she goes on to explain a bit further..
Yes you do it where you live. You can do it however you would like but you will take a pic with your "race bib" with your results and send them to me. You can do it outside, on the treadmill, you can walk it, jog it, run it, combination of both, etc...It is totally up too you! 
The "race" is Mar 10, but I think I'll do mine on the 9th, as that's *my* time at the gym. Just me, no friends, do what I want. I will run what I can, and walk the rest. I mean, I'm already signed up for a 5k in each May & June - might as well get at it... (12 weeks til Bluenose 5k btw, eek!) I ran 10 reps of 1min running/1m walking both yesterday and today, and with other walking I did yesterday, I moved my arse well over 5k. Some was even UPhill. Here's a link to the event if you want to join me (please do!)

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I'm thinking that on Saturdays (to start) I'll stay on the treadmill til I have 3miles done - essentially 5k. Granted I don't use much of an any incline but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment